There are a few ways you can grade discussions. Here is the recommended way to grade.
Grade from the Gradebook:
Grade from within a Thread:
Grade by Topic:
Grading a Discussion Post with a Rubric
- Select Discussions in the course navigation bar.
- Select the dropdown arrow [A] next to the name of the discussion topic.
- Select Assess Topic [B].
- For each student, select Topic Score.
- The rubric will appear in a new window. Select the box for the level the student achieved for each criterion. As scores are selected for each criterion, the rubric will automatically update the overall score.
- Select Add Feedback in the criteria column to enter qualitative feedback.
- The rubric will automatically save as information is entered. Select Save Draft or Publish.
Until the rubric is published, it will remain hidden from student view.