Community Health ConsultantOpportunity Type: Jobs, Public Health, Remote
Location: United States
Salary: Not provided
Opening Date: January 03, 2019
Closing Date: October 01, 2019
Community Health Consultant – American Heart Association
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact every day?
Imagine all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? Absolutely.
This is satisfying and challenging work that makes a real difference in people’s lives. We are where you can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. We are where you can connect people to making a lifesaving impact. We are where you can partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. The American Heart Association is where you can make an extraordinary impact.
The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Community Health Consultant with our National Center. The location of the selected candidate can be anywhere that allows for cost effective and efficient travel. The Consultant is responsible for helping to develop and lead strategic opportunities for supporting improvements in community health. This person will be responsible for exploring and overseeing opportunities in rural and mid-sized communities as well as with hospital and other systems impacting population health. They will work collaboratively with colleagues in the field as well as at National Center to identify, evaluate and scale innovative solutions to health disparities and manage restricted funding opportunities.
- Cultivate grant and sponsorship opportunities to support community impact work in collaboration with local and national team members.
- Lead the integration of healthcare system end-to-end strategy and community impact work.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to further develop and grow school systems health impact strategies.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to further develop and grow corporate systems health impact strategies.
- Act as liaison between National Center and Affiliate Community Impact teams. Provide consultation and help drive innovation and health impact.
- Leverage or cultivate healthcare systems relationships and work collaboratively with others at National Center and in the Field to develop and execute models for maximizing population health. Develop relationships with relevant organizations and explore opportunities for collaboration on goals of mutual interest.
- Provide leadership in leveraging community benefits and key volunteers with hospital Community Health programs.
- Develops and improve resources to support staff and volunteers in achieving community health impact goals. Identify or design innovative strategies for addressing Life’s Simple 7 and Social Determinants of Health within communities and build opportunities to allow for easier implementation, evaluation, and refinement at the field level.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues at National Center and in the Field to develop, pilot, refine, and scale a rural health strategies focused on supporting small to mid-size markets in achieving health impact goals.
- Support field and team in development and execution of metrics, evaluation, accountability, and communication.
- Ten plus years of professional experience in public health.
- Masters or PhD preferred
- Significant experience with collective impact campaigns and community organizing.
- Demonstrated experience with addressing health disparities, promoting health equity, and focusing on social determinants of health
- Strong leadership skills and experience with influencing work without management authority.
- Demonstrated experience with coalition building and relationship management
- Demonstrated experience developing relationships with healthcare and school leadership staff.
- Familiarity with community health improvement work and organizations already involved in the space.
- Experience with grant development and management.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 25% overnight.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
Requisition ID 2018-3620
Job Family Group Health Strategies & Programs
Job Category Health Services