MPH Practicum Opportunity – Coastal Healthy Communities CoalitionOpportunity Type: Practicum Opportunities, Public Health
Location: Saco, ME
Opening Date: April 30, 2019
Closing Date: April 30, 2019
Contact Email: email@example.com
MPH Practicum Opportunity – Coastal Healthy Communities Coalition
Name of organization: Coastal Healthy Communities Coalition
Address of organization: 655 Main Street
Zip code: 04072
Country: United States
Type of organization: Community health coalition; part of UNE
2. Practicum Information
Position Title: Program Assistant
Start date: May 2019
End date: October 2019
Compensation (If any):
Description of Practicum Project: Community Health Coalition, Biddeford/Saco area
• Support youth substance use prevention programming, including working on information dissemination campaigns through website, social media and monthly newsletter.
• Participate in coalition-building activities, including monthly educational meetings and bi-monthly advisory group meetings.
• Participate in program evaluation processes, including data review, program assessment and quality improvement measures.
• Assist with tracking program financials and drafting program reports.
• Assist SNAP-Ed nutrition educators, substance use prevention professionals and staff working on preventing childhood lead poisoning with program priorities.
3. Preceptor Contact Information
Name: Sarah Breul
• The UNE MPH Program requires a minimum of 120 hours at the practicum site OR the completion of two (2) high quality products by the student.
• An Affiliation Agreement must be completed between UNE and the practicum site before the student can start counting hours for credit.
• For all questions regarding the practicum, please contact Dr. Titi Balogun, firstname.lastname@example.org.