MPH Practicum Opportunity – Community Bike Center Youth ProgramsOpportunity Type: Practicum Opportunities, Public Health
Location: Biddeford, ME
Opening Date: May 03, 2017
Closing Date: Open ended
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Organization Information
Name of organization: Community Bicycle Center – Youth Programs
Address of organization: 45 Granite Street
Zip code: 04005
Country: United States
Type of organization: Non-profit (Youth Development Program)
2. Practicum Information
Position Title: Research Assistant
Start date: Immediately
End date: Negotiable
Compensation (If any): N/A
Description of Practicum Project: The Research Assistant will work with the nonprofit’s Executive Director to assess local community health data related to youth, with a focus on those living in low to moderate income households.
- Gather, analyze, interpret and summarize local community health data (including household environmental risks) related to youth, with a focus on those living in low to moderate income households (CBC’s primary youth population).
- Conduct needs assessments – identify gaps in services.
- Identify priority health areas for community youth based on gathered data and needs assessments.
- Identify and analyze proposed and/or recent public health policy changes that could affect Maine’s youth, especially those living in low to moderate income households.
- Analyze barriers to program participation and make recommendations.
- Investigate new partnerships.
Requirements: Research skills
3. Preceptor Contact Information
Name: Bronwyn Barnett
Degrees/certification: 7+ years in non-profit public health
Additional Information: CBC offers the MPH student an on-site computer workstation and desk, as well as shared conference room space accessible for the duration of their practicum experience.
- The UNE MPH Program requires a minimum of 120 hours at the practicum site.
- An Affiliation Agreement must be completed between UNE and the practicum site before the student can start counting hours for credit.
- For all questions regarding the practicum, please contact a Practicum Coordinator: