Portland Homeless Youth ProjectOpportunity Type: Practicum Opportunities, Public Health
Location: Portland, ME
Salary: Based on available funds
Opening Date: October 03, 2017
Closing Date: Open ended
Contact Email: email@example.com
1. Organization Information
Name of organization: City of Portland Public Health Division
Address of organization: 389 Congress St
Zip code: 04101
Country (if outside the USA):
Type of organization: City Health Department
2. Practicum Information
Position Title: Practicum Intern
Start date: 11/01/2017
End date: 04/01/2018
Compensation (If any): Based on available funds
Description of Practicum Project: This is a long term project, the purpose of which is to determine the magnitude of homelessness among youth in Portland, to identify the health needs of homeless youth, to evaluate available resources for homeless youth in Portland, and to propose interventions as needed.
1. Conduct literature review of homelessness in Portland, ME particularly homeless youth .
2. Create a needs assessment survey and count of homeless youth in Portland.
3. Administer survey.
4. Clean and analyze data.
5. Evaluate services for homeless youth in Portland.
Requirements: Good research and writing skills. Proficiency with STATA a plus.
3. Preceptor Contact Information
Name: Titi Balogun
Degrees/Certification: MBBS, MPH, DrPH
The student is required to produce at least 2 of the following products:
1. A comprehensive report on youth homelessness and services in Portland.
2. A survey to be administered to homeless youth.
3. A dataset of survey responses.
4. An evaluation of services for homeless youth.
5. A proposal for interventions based on available information.
- The UNE MPH Program requires a minimum of 120 hours at the practicum site.
- An Affiliation Agreement must be completed between UNE and the practicum site before the student can start counting hours for credit.
- For all questions regarding the practicum, please contact Dr. Titi Balogun, firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-221-4689