Smoking in Pregnancy ProjectOpportunity Type: Practicum Opportunities, Public Health
Location: Portland, ME
Salary: Based on available funds
Opening Date: October 03, 2017
Closing Date: Open ended
Contact Email: email@example.com
1. Organization Information
Name of organization: City of Portland Public Health Division
Address of organization: 389 Congress St
Zip code: 04101
Country (if outside the USA):
Type of organization: City Health Department
2. Practicum Information
Position Title: Smoking in Pregnancy Practice Experience
Start date: 1/03/2018
End date: 4/30/2018
Compensation (If any): Based on available funds
Description of Practicum Project: This is a long term project, the purpose of which is to determine the magnitude of smoking in pregnancy in Portland, to identify resources in Portland to prevent smoking in pregnancy, and to propose interventions as needed.
1. Identify data on the magnitude of the problem in Portland, ME.
2. Identify current interventions in Portland.
3. Evaluate the success of current interventions.
Requirements: Good research skills, analytical and critical thinking, self-motivation
3. Preceptor Contact Information
Name: Titi Balogun
Degrees/Certification: MBBS, MPH, DrPH
The student is required to produce at least 2 of the following products:
1. A comprehensive report on smoking in pregnancy in Portland compared to Maine.
2. An evaluation of smoking prevention services in Portland.
3. A proposal for interventions based on available information.
- The UNE MPH Program requires a minimum of 120 hours at the practicum site.
- An Affiliation Agreement must be completed between UNE and the practicum site before the student can start counting hours for credit.
- For all questions regarding the practicum, please contact Dr. Titi Balogun, firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-221-4689.