MPH Practicum Opportunity – World EndeavorsOpportunity Type: Practicum Opportunities, Public Health
Location: Multiple, International
Opening Date: July 21, 2017
Closing Date: Open ended
Contact Email: email@example.com
1. Organization Information
Name of organization: World Endeavors
Address of organization: 3015 E Franklin Ave
Zip code: 55406
Country (if outside the USA):
Type of organization: International Internship Provider
2. Practicum Information
Position Title: Public Health Intern
Start date: Rolling, can start any Monday
End date: Rolling, based on number of chosen months, 2 months minimum
Compensation (If any): None, fees apply
Description of Practicum Project: World Endeavors provides customized public health internships in Argentina, Australia, Chile, China, Costa Rica, the Czech Republic, Ecuador, Ireland, Italy, and Thailand.
- Depending on the internship placement, interns will participate in weekly rounds in public hospitals, assist doctors and nurses in private clinics, or collaborate with local organizations that focus on the promotion of healthier lifestyles and behaviors in their surrounding communities.
- Daily tasks will vary greatly, but may include attending to outpatient care, assisting with market research, or educating on the prevention of illnesses and diseases that may affect the local community.
Requirements: None in most locations. Some placements require related experience or language skills.
3. Preceptor Contact Information
Name: Andy MacGregor
For additional information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Health Internship Page: https://www.worldendeavors.com/programs/public-health-internships-abroad
- The UNE MPH Program requires a minimum of 120 hours at the practicum site.
- An Affiliation Agreement must be completed between UNE and the practicum site before the student can start counting hours for credit.
- For all questions regarding the practicum, please contact a Practicum Coordinator: