Portland Downtown Research Opportunity – MPH Student Urgently NeededOpportunity Type: Public Health, Research
Location: Portland , ME
Opening Date: June 19, 2017
Closing Date: September 06, 2017
Contact Email: email@example.com
Want to spend some time gaining valuable research skills while helping your city? Portland Downtown has a wonderful opportunity for you!!
Portland Downtown, a non-profit business improvement district located in the heart of Portland, Maine is urgently seeking a graduate level public health student to work as part of a team in the conduct of a community needs assessment. This project aims to identify overlaps, opportunities for collaboration, and gaps in service coordination among the City of Portland’s Social Services Division and nonprofit service providers within the city, and will result in a report being developed. The project offers the opportunity to gain valuable research experience while working with all the key players in the social service and public health systems within the city. The project has started and will continue into the fall.
Interested students should possess or have interest in further developing the following skills/qualifications:
- Ability to work independently with a strong aptitude for self-direction;
- Basic understanding of and compassion for the complexities surrounding homelessness, substance abuse and mental health disorders;
- Knowledge of survey development and implementation;
- Excellent communication and writing skills; and
- High level of integrity for professionalism and confidentiality.
For more information: Contact Amy Geren; firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-772-6828