Research AssistantOpportunity Type: Jobs
Location: Portland, ME
Salary: Not provided
Opening Date: January 09, 2020
Closing Date: Open ended
This is a combined research and administrative position to support the goals of a Chronic Disease Prevention project and a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner project, performing a wide variety of related tasks.
• Assist with research and data analysis; gather, enter, compile, analyze and maintain data in required data systems in accordance with the project data management plan.
• Perform literature search, summary, and synthesis.
• Provide administrative support to projects as needed.
• Plan and coordinate events including the creation of agendas and event document packets.
• Help coordinate program evaluation deliverables utilizing project management methods and tools.
• Help Senior Research Associates monitor and communicate progress of evaluation activities related to plans, designs, tasks, activities, and approvals.
• Support staff with contract compliance responsibilities, including data gathering, report writing, and editing.
• Organize and attend meetings; prepare and distribute minutes when applicable.
• Organize and maintain various project files and records, frequently involving cross filing/cross-reference systems.
• Prepare/coordinate bulk or other special departmental mailings.
• Format, edit, compile, and disseminate technical reports, summary documents, infographics, and presentations.
• Arrange travel accommodations for staff and contractual team members for various events.
• Understand and comply with the University of New England Safety Manual.
• Other duties as assigned.