SNAP-Ed Program CoordinatorOpportunity Type: Jobs, Public Health
Location: Portland, ME
Salary: Not provided
Opening Date: August 21, 2017
Closing Date: October 01, 2018
SNAP-Ed Program Coordinator
- Coordinate and oversee implementation of the SNAP-Ed work plan in accordance with USDA SNAP-Ed and Maine DHHS guidance.
- Provide nutrition education technical assistance and training to Nutrition Educators as well as other state agencies or organizations that provide services to people eligible for SNAP.
- Identify and coordinate implementation of evidence-based nutrition education and obesity prevention services in accordance with SNAP-Ed grant requirements.
- Assist with monitoring of the Policy, Systems and Environmental (PSE) change strategies among the Nutrition Educators at assigned sub-recipient agencies.
- Identify and develop statewide partnerships to enhance and/or deliver nutrition education programs and obesity prevention services to people eligible for SNAP.
- Act as contract manager to Nutrition Educators at assigned sub-recipient agencies.
- Manage the data collection and reporting processes of assigned sub-recipient agencies in accordance with the SNAP-Ed grant contract.
- Assure that grant deliverables and expectations are met as set by USDA SNAP-Ed, Maine DHHS and UNE.
- Participate on SNAP Ed management team.
- Assist with development, coordination and delivery of appropriate social marketing strategies to reinforce key messages in accordance with approved USDA SNAP-Ed, Maine DHHS and UNE guidelines.
- Completes University new employee orientation and sexual harassment training within 30 days of the date of hire.
- Understands and complies with the University of New England Safety Manual.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Registered Dietitian (RD) degree and 5 to 7 years of experience with implementation of community health initiatives required or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Masters of Public Health degree preferred (in addition to RD).
- Demonstrate clear and effective communication skills with groups and individuals including verbal, written, and group presentations.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
To learn more and to apply: https://une.peopleadmin.com/postings/3227
Posting Number: 20160219P