Under the direction of the Director of Practice Transformation, the Intern will conduct and review research, analyze potential vendor partners, analyze existing operating models and create a strategy to integrate Social Determinants of Health (SDOH) into the CareAllies’ approach with provider organization clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Do an initial assessment and gap analysis of SDOH within existing service lines.
• Research various survey tools and best practice approaches to assessing SDOH of patients within ambulatory care networks.
• Review existing CareAllies service lines for opportunities to integrate SDOH into patient assessment.
• Identify key vendor relationships with whom to partner, as needed.
• Create a high impact patient population and data set with which to evaluate the impact of SDOH assessment on quality outcomes, cost & care team and patient experience.
• Create a strategic plan for the integration of SDOH assessment & support into CA service lines now and in the future.
• Work in partnership with our commercial Cigna partners to identify correlated work activities and cross-collaboration opportunities between payer & ambulatory care approaches.
• Research and recommend best practices in addressing SDOH within ambulatory care, including tools, staff, referrals, etc.
• Identify key patient populations for highest impact of SDOH.
• Identify key partnerships with community organizations and an approach to work with them post-assessment on identified needs.
Qualifications Minimum Experience/Training/Education:
Experience in ambulatory care settings, clinical healthcare degree or candidate.
Professional Expectations: The intern is expected to:
• Be professional at all times through quality of work, punctuality, attendance, and attitude.
• Be dependable, make good judgment, and organized.
• Display the initiative and ability to learn knowledge of the field.
• Maintain a good working relationship with peers and demonstrate leadership qualities.
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status. Need an accommodation?